Nutrient-dense source of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals from grass-fed beef
Beef liver is one of nature's most potent, nutrient-dense traditional foods. But many people have an aversion to its notably strong flavor and supple texture.
The good news is, you can soak up liver’s health benefits by taking a capsule that contains the same nutrient goodness - without the distinct taste.* We’ve partnered with Organic 3, Inc. to provide you with powerful and convenient (non-defatted) Freeze-Dried Liver Capsules:
- Sourced from grass-fed beef from New Zealand.
- Non-defatted (full of fat-soluble vitamins)
- Freeze-dried (not heated, retains more nutrients)
- High in naturally occurring vitamin A, B12, and copper.
- Good source of riboflavin and folate.
- No additives or fillers.
Why “freeze-dried” is better than “desiccated” liver capsules
For decades, old-time bodybuilders relied on desiccated liver supplements to provide critical nutrients to support an intense workout regimen.
What exactly is “desiccated”? Desiccated is simply another term for “dehydrated.” This is the use of heat and air circulation to remove moisture from a product. Most modern-day forms of desiccated beef liver tablets are made with low heat. However, heat is still used.
Dehydration can break down vitamins and minerals during the preservation process and retain less of their nutritional value when compared to freeze-dried food. Dehydration tends to result in the loss of vitamins A and C, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.
Organic 3 Beef Liver utilizes freeze-drying, which relies on cold temperatures instead of heat. According to research by the American Institute for Cancer Research, freeze-dried foods retain the vast majority of the vitamins and minerals found in the original food.* Freeze-dried beef liver contains higher levels of nutrients than desiccated liver capsules that rely on heat to dehydrate the liver.
Here are the nutrients found in beef liver (please note, since all of these nutrients are naturally occurring, the levels will vary):
- Vitamin B12: Supports healthy brain function and the formation of red blood cells and DNA.
- Vitamin A: Supports the normal vision, reproduction and kidney, heart, and immune function.
- Copper: Supports the activation of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism, and brain function.
- Riboflavin: Supports cellular development and function and helps convert food into energy.
- Folate: Supports cell growth and the formation of DNA.
- Heme iron: Helps carry oxygen around the body (iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body).
- Choline: Supports brain development and liver function.